Icon Posting Guidelines
(1) If you are reccing an icon that you use and no longer remember where, specifically, the icon was originally posted, it is ok to use your User Pictures page (i.e. http://www.livejournal.com/allpics.bml?user=[enter your user name here]) as the link.
(2) If you want, you can include the icons themselves in your post. They must be hosted on your own image account (such as http://http://www.imageshack.us/) NOT hotlinked from the creator's site. If a case of hotlinking is reported to us, we will report it to hotlinkers.
(3) If the icon is not one you use, or that you know was posted somewhere for general distribution, but is instead something you've seen someone else using, it is best to contact them first and make sure the icon is shareable. That doesn't mean it can't be included in your post (unless that user objects). However since icons are usually meant to be shareable when posted, you will want to specify that this is an exception.
If you don't have info on who made an icon, you can try posting at whomadethisicon
Our last point concerns acceptable use and is stated primarily for the benefit of those who may be new to the fandom. If you see graphics you like recced in this community, and want to use them for something else (such as a banner for your journal, use on your website, etc.) contact the creator and ask permission. If you are a creator and a plagiarism issue arises, please contact us. We may also submit the case to stop_plagiarism
And now for the goodies! ruuger kindly made some great icons for us, which we are passing on to you. Take, use, pimp! And, in the spirit of the community, please credit the creator.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11.
kathyh made some additional ones for us in 2006
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
As did amavel_bel
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
katekat1010 made us some new ones to go with our layout in 2008:
1. 2. 3. 4.
and a banner!
eyesthatslay made some new ones in 2009:
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.